Inorder to migrate all your settings, applications, policies etc from xenapp 5 to xenapp 6, we need to install xenapp migration tool from mycitrix.com first. Once downloaded and installed, perform the below steps to migrate all your settings, applications, policies etc.
1. On a XenApp 6 server, install the XenApp 6 Migration Tool
(Citrix.XenApp.Migration.Install_x64.msi), including the option to set the PowerShell execution policy to AllSigned
2. On the XenApp 6 server, access the tool via the Start->All Programs->Citrix->XenApp
Migration Tool menu or open a new PowerShell prompt and execute:
- Import-Module citrix.xenapp.migration (if PowerShell was launched directly)
- Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned (if the execution policy option wasn’t selected during the install)
- Set-XAMigrationOption –RemoteServerName [servername]
–passthru to designate a server in the legacy farm
- Add-XAServerMapping [servername] [worker group name] to map a server in the legacy farm to a worker group in the XenApp 6 farm (a worker group will be created if it doesn’t already exist)
- Start-XAMigration to transfer all settings
3. Perform post-migration steps
These steps are given in the TechnicalGuide. Click here to view.
But in my test enviornment I executed only
1) set-executionpolicy remotesigned
2) start-xamigration -remoteservername <Xenapp5 ServerName>
and still it imported all the settings, applications, policies etc.. Please Remember that , I did in my test enviornment.